Winter is coming, even here in Texas. And, while we may not get snow-covered or frigid, it is still important to take the proper steps to winterize your RV.
- Drain the water. Any water left in the water lines can freeze, which can cause them to break. Make sure you drain all the water from the plumbing system and water tanks. Then, pump nontoxic RV antifreeze through the system.
- Repair any damage. If you have any cracks or holes in your RV’s exterior, these could let rain in and cause a lot of damage. Get any cracks resealed. Make sure you are using the proper sealant for your RV.
- Park it. If possible, choose a covered area to store your RV for the winter. If that is not an option, find a place that is out of the way of trees and at least somewhat sheltered.
- Cover it. To help prevent damage from prolonged exposure, invest in a custom cover specifically for your RV.
- Store the batteries. Disconnect the batteries and place them in a cool, dry place. Check the charge periodically and charge them up, when needed.
If you need help getting your RV ready for the winter, we are here to help. Schedule a service appointment at Hanner RV Supercenter and we will take care of everything.